Facelifts are one of the most common cosmetic procedures requested worldwide. Facial lines and wrinkles may become permanent on the face. Also, the skin loses elasticity and volume which leaves the skin and fats to become droopy and puffy all over as we age.
- Traditional Facelift
- It involves making an incision from the hairline down to below the ear and ending at the back of your hairline on both sides of the face. This method separates the skin, muscles, and fat underneath. The fat found may be liposuctioned out to give the face a trimmer look while the muscles and tissue are tightened to lift the cheeks and define the jawline. Any excess skin after pulling back up is removed by a knife and closed with stitches.
- Traditional Facelifts usually cost around $12,000 – $20,000
- What a traditional facelift can’t fix is the including saggy eyelids, bags under the eyes, or droopy eyebrows. These can be resolved by an eyelid lift, fillers, or anti-wrinkle injections.
- Laser Facelifts
- It is a minimally invasive alternative to a traditional facelift. It can melt the fat pads on the jowls of the face and gives a trimmer and more defined jawline while tightening the skin. It only requires a few tiny incisions to insert the laser probe. The procedure only takes between 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Laser Facelifts are not recommended for those with very thin skin.
- A Laser Facelift costs between $3,000-$4,000.
- Injectable Facelifts
- Dermal fillers are used to plump up lips & cheeks, fill in deep wrinkles, and contour the face. Anti-Wrinkle Injections, on one hand, are used to relax muscles, lessening any wrinkles that may appear with facial expressions. Anti-Wrinkle Injections can also fix heavy brows, by lifting the forehead, reducing the angry look which we get as we age. They can be applied in conjunction and can give a great result.
- Fillers last up to 18 months while anti-wrinkle injections last for between 3-12 months.
- Anti Wrinkle Injection costs $16.50 per unit and fillers range from $795 – $995 per ml and will depend per individual.
Visit SKIN CLUB Cosmetic Doctors to ensure safe and cost-efficient Fraxel Laser in Melbourne.