Hair is a person’s crowning glory. That is why when faced with hair loss, many people will try to find solutions everywhere. Some are not sure where to turn for help and would resort to self-medication. While some people to the following:
- Attempt to hide the problem by changing their part or hairstyle.
- Others would buy all products that claim to help restore hair growth.
- Take supplements and vitamins for hair growth.
- Some women even limit their use of shampoos.
There others who have taken supplements that are reputed to regrow hair. However, it would be best if you were careful as this easy solution can backfire because getting too many nutrients can make the melbourne hair loss treatment worst. If you are unsure about what to do then find a reputable clinic near you.
All of the results from these efforts are modest at best and do not address the root cause of the hair loss problem. If you are starting to lost hair, experts recommend the following:
- Make an appointment to see a licensed medical doctor in a hair clinic near you. There are many possible reasons why you are losing your hair. The sooner you know and understand the problem, the higher chance you find the right treatment for the problem.
A doctor can help diagnose any condition that affects your hair, skin, and nails. They can find the root cause of the problem and successfully treat hair loss.
You can find a dermatologist by going to a hair clinic near you.
2. Avoid traumatizing your hair. Wash and condition your hair carefully by using all organic products with no harsh chemicals. Keep in mind that hair that is thinning and losing are incredibly fragile and can be easily damaged. Dermatologists have made the following recommendations:
- Use a gentle shampoo, one that is preferably organic and one with no harsh chemicals. As chemically laden shampoos often strip moisture from your hair.
- Make sure you apply a moisturizing conditioner after you shampoo. Using a conditioner ensures that your hair strands are coated, which can reduce split ends and breakage.
- Do not forget to use a leave-in conditioner or detangler. If you apply these after you wash and condition your hair, it can help to reduce breakage.
- Minimise blow-drying. Just wrap your hair in a microfiber towel to help dry it quickly.
3. Do not use hot oil treatments as the heat further damages the hair and worsens the condition.
4. Avoid using at home coloring, bleaching, perming, relaxing, and hair straightening. If you really want to get your hair treated, find a professional to do it. Go to a professional who knows her way around hair and would recommend the good service for you. A good hairdresser would examine your scalp and would refuse to get your hair treated if she sees your hair is already damaged.
5. Do not use the blow dryer. If you must, then find the lowest heat setting so as not to traumatize your hair further. When possible, it is best to air-dry your hair rather than blow-drying. If you want to dry your hair safely, get a microfiber towel.
6. Avoid using your curling irons, hot combs, and flat irons. Make sure that you use them only for special occasions and not for everyday use.
7. Stop wearing your hair in a tightly pulled back bun. Your hair should be loose and not styled tightly close to the scalp. Pulling your hair can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia.
8. Do not be aggressive with your hair. Brush your hair gently and avoid tugging as this can cause hair loss. Also, if you have a habit of twisting your hair around your finger and pulling, you need to stop as these bad habits can further weaken damage and weak hair, causing more hair loss.
9. You are what you eat. Ensure you eat healthy because if you are not getting enough nutrients such as protein and iron, it could worsen the hair loss.
Make sure you eat the recommended amount of calories you need, as eating too few calories a day can cause hair loss.
If you want to get back your full head of hair, you should search for the best hair clinic near me. Let qualified, highly trained professionals examine your hair and scalp and recommend the right treatment for you.